Only submissions between June 8th 2020, 22:00 (UTC+8) to June 30th 2020, 22:00 (UTC+8) will be accepted. After tweeting with #VeChainVideoContest, submit your details and the video link using this survey form here.
Guided by a vision, VeChain has been making steady steps towards the mass adoption of enterprise-level blockchain applications. We have experienced a fruitful period in the last two years, with continuous growth and recognition among industry giants, peers, clients, and our partners sharing this journey with us.
At the launch of VeChainThor Blockchain, we pledged to grow alongside the community and that pledge remains the central focus of our development and management teams. Our mantra was to “enable everyone” through VeChainThor. To empower the community means that we, as the Foundation, have the duty to invest our resources and efforts into it. Various developer assistance bounties, grants, subsidies have been introduced since then, and we want to do even more for the community.
Back in January 2018, we launched the first Community Video Contest in a joint effort to build awareness of VeChain together with all of you. Today, with the spirit to celebrate the 2nd Year Anniversary of VeChainThor Mainnet, the VeChain Foundation would like to reaffirm our commitment towards the community, and we are proud to officially launch the VeChain Community Video Contest 2020!
By creating a video about VeChain and participating in the contest, you have the chance to be rewarded from a total prize pool of 3 million VET!
1st Event in the VeChainThor 2nd Year Anniversary Series
Driven by actual business needs, VeChain has been constantly accumulating experiences in blockchain applications in real business scenarios, creating business value for enterprise partners, and paving the way for further deployment of VeChainThor Blockchain in the future. The blockchain continues to be improved and is utilized by a wide variety of 3rd party businesses and independent community projects.
Now, we are turning the spotlight on the community. For the first event in our 2nd Year Anniversary, through this special video contest, we seek your help and expertise to share what makes VeChain unique to the wider market and community. It is a great chance to express your understanding of our strategy, projects, technical features, and economic model, and you will be rewarded handsomely for it.
Your Video Speaks For VeChain In A Unique Way
Before you start, please note:
- The video length should be less than 10 mins.
- Any language is welcome but closed captioning must be enabled and in English.
- Content must be G-rated (pornographic, racist, illegal, profanity, drugs, political, or otherwise inappropriate videos will be automatically disqualified from the competition).
- The video must adhere to the topic. All non-related and off-topic videos will be automatically disqualified.
- Conform to all copyright laws. Only use images and material that you own or have purchased the copyright for, or if it conforms to fair use principles.
- Any content related to VeChain is encouraged, especially the following topics:
The following topics are a suggestion of what to include in the video. We encourage you to exercise your creative thinking and skills to create an informative and high-quality video.
- A brief summary of what is VeChain.
- VeChain ToolChain™ and VeChain’s position on the way to mass adoption.
- How VeChain ToolChain™ enable partners such as DNV GL and PwC to implement VeChain-powered solutions for their own clients
- VeChain in real business scenarios including: CTI (certification, test and Inspection) industry, Food industry, Healthcare industry, Sustainability products
- VeChain tokenomics explanation how it relates to VeChain’s growth (VET/VTHO token model, governance model, voting, X nodes, Economic Nodes)
- How everything above ties together to enable the tokenomics to function as intended.
Prizes To Be Won
- Platinum Prize (1 winner): 1,000,000 VET
- Gold Prize (2 winners): 500,000 VET each
- Silver Prize (3 winners): 200,000 VET each
- Honorable Mention (4 winners): 100,000 VET each
How To Participate?
Follow these steps:
- Create your video and upload it onto your YouTube channel
- In your video description, you must include the hashtag #VeChainVideoContest and provide all sources used for the creation of the video. Provide a brief description of your video as well.
- Post the YouTube link on Twitter with hashtag #VeChainVideoContest and do not forget to mention @vechainofficial in your tweet.
- Submit your details and the video link using this survey form here. After submission, your video will be internally checked and reviewed by the contest team. Once approved, it will be added to our Community Video Contest Submissions public YouTube playlist.
- Please mark your video as “not for kids” during your video upload when prompted by YouTube. This will allow us to add your video to our playlist.
- Highly encouraged: You may advertise and post your video to technology, business, blockchain and other relevant social media channels such as Facebook, Reddit, etc. to generate more discussion and attention to your video. Don’t forget to include your own call-to-action for viewers to watch the video, such as the tagging of your friends, other KOLs, etc.
How Will The Winners be Announced?
Remember these guidelines:
- Only submissions between June 8th 2020, 22:00 (UTC+8) to June 30th 2020, 22:00 (UTC+8) will be accepted.
- After submitting your entry, VeChain holds the right to redistribute any and all portions of your work.
- The videos will be judged by VeChain and the Top 10 entries will be published on our Top 10 Community Video Contest Submissions YouTube playlist and announced via the @vechainofficial Twitter account on July 5th, 2020.
- Videos that make it to the Top 10 will be subject to a community vote through the VeVote platform to determine the final winners and ranking.
Top 10 Finalists Selection Criteria and VeVote Ranking:
The videos you submit will be judged by the Community, VeChain team, and selected partners of VeChain. VeChain holds the right to add additional qualified judges.
VeChain and partners will assess the videos based on this criteria:
- 30% Correctness (Description of the video should include sources used)
- 30% Creativity, Presentation and Quality
- 40% General Impressions, Community Impact and Social Reach
The above criteria will be used to choose 10 videos that VeChain deems the best out of all submissions. On July 5th, 2020, the Top 10 videos will be announced, and there will be a decentralized VeVote community poll held to determine the final rankings. The final ranking of the winners will be determined based on the number of votes received.
This community vote will be open to all stakeholders who are eligible to vote on the VeVote platform. More details on the community voting process will be announced on July 5th, 2020. Make sure to prepare your node for the voting!
Content and Links for References
Terms And Conditions For Event Participation
- Each person is only entitled to one (1) chance to win a Prize.
- The following persons are not entitled to participate and are disqualified from the Contest:
(a) Employees of VeChain and their immediate family members (i.e. spouse and children);
(b) Employees or staff of advertising and promotional agencies of VeChain and any other parties which are directly involved in organising, promoting and/or conducting the Contest, as determined by VeChain Foundation.
(c) Group entries are allowed, but must be clearly stated in the video description and will be considered as 1 (one) entry only
- In the event of any unforeseen circumstances, VeChain Foundation reserves the right to intervene to ensure the intent and spirit of the competition is upheld.
- All decision made by the VeChain Foundation is final. VeChain Foundation reserves the right to amend and/or modify the rules and guidelines stated in this article at any given time.